Saturday, August 25, 2012

DIY Barbie Furniture

My daughter currently is in love with playing "dollies" So this year for Christmas my husband and I are making her a cool Barbie sized doll house. I of course will be the interior designer!! I have already made several pieces of furniture. Duct Tape is my new favorite thing!!!
Made the couch out of cardboard and duct tape. The cushion is an old burp cloth stuffed with cotton balls. Instead of sewing I used hot glue along the edges. Pillows will be made next.

Madison loved it! It actually seats up to 5 Barbie sized dolls.

The dining table is also just cardboard, duct tape, toilet paper tube and alittle scrapbook paper. Madison picked the colors and helped glue the mosaic.



The bed still needs a bed skirt and a blanket. The posts are pencils rolled with duct tape of course. My inspiration for the bed posts came My Froggy Stuff  http://youtu.be/OrpJbtjd7D8 on YouTube. This lady has tons of fabulous ideas and methods for making doll furniture.

I will post more as I get them completed.

3 comments:

  1. I love the couch! How did you make the base with the rounded corners?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I actually used a Mason jar box, the corners were already rounded slightly!

    ReplyDelete